George County Fair was Oct. 11-15, 2016
Gates open at 5 PM
- Family Night- Tuesday & Thursday (Ride wrist bands are $20)
- Family Saturday Day- 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Rides (wrist bands are $20)
- Saturday Education Day- 2 p.m. on Front Gate Stage
- Low costs admission- $2.00 for 12 yrs to Adult - $1.00 for 11 yrs. to 6 yrs. - Free under 6 yrs.
- Free Parking
The George County Fairgrounds can do it all! Yes, it is the official home of the George County Fair but this 17 acres facility is home to dozens of events of all sizes. Last year, the Fairgrounds hosted two huge rodeo events, almost a dozen riding events, the Good Ole Days Festival, a three ringed circus, and a southern favorite, live wrestling.
The Fairgrounds is divided up into three sections- the Jaycees Building, a paved Mid-way, and the Multi-Purpose Building. All can be rented by resident. Please see our Community Centers page for more details.
Our signature event, of course, is the annual County-wide fair. The Lucedale Rotary Club and the Extension Service Office organizes and sponsors the Fair each year, the second week of October. The Fair has 4H events, kiddie rides, thrill rides, giant corn dogs, and great church booth food. The Fair will be back in 2016 with:
- Family Night- Tuesday & Thursday
- Family Saturday Day- 1 pm to 4pm Rides
- Low costs admission
- Free Parking
Please call the Board of Supervisors office at 601-947-7506 to check availability and scheduling.