The County has centralized procurement authority under the Office of the Purchasing Agent. Our goal is to provide services and goods needed to fulfill the mission of "Quality Service and Responsible Spending" in a timely manner.
- Solicitation Process: For procurements
- Up to $50,000.00 -- Request for Quotes are solicited by telephone, email or fax by the buyers
- Over $50,000.00 -- formal bidding is required, and requirements are advertised two times in the George County Times or MS Press and MS Procurement Technical Assistant Program (MPTAP)
- Bidding Process by dollar value per MS Code
- $0 - $5,000 -- Quotes requested but not required
- $5,000 - $50,000 -- Two Formal written quotes required (Competitive)
- $50,000 and above -- Bid process including public advertising two times in the George County Times or MS Press and MS Procurement Technical Assistant Program (MPTAP)
- Become a Qualified Vendor
- The first step is to contact Purchasing by telephone, email or fax. A products list, line card or catalog is helpful. Sales calls are welcome and appointments are not required but requested.
- Upon review of the vendors' capabilities, the Buyers will provide an opportunity to quote on the products based upon the County's needs.
- Contact information and bid specifications will be available at the Purchasing Department or from the Architect or Engineering Firm in charge of the project. All pertinent information for the bids will be contained in the specifications.